Happy New Year

2022... What a blur!
Taking a moment to share the happenings of last year as we head into the next.

Thanks for reading,  

- Sean H

home»

Third Rail Projects
(original music, sound design, live performance)   

I've had the pleasure of working with Tom Pearson on his recent collaborative film, The Night Garden. This experimental, movement-based short film, shot entirely on smart phones, spans across seven dreamlike vignettes, previously filmed on location in St. Petersburg, Russia.
The music included new arrangements of a Vertinsky folk song (featuring Rob Cookman), a recording of a Rachmaninoff piano concerto (performed by Justin Lynch), a few of my own ambient works, and two new mixes of songs by Isaiah Singer.

WATCH»

Also with Tom, I've been working on recording, mixing, and creating music for an audio version of his book of poetry Still, the Sky.
Here are some video excerpts from a live readings we performed together. Stay tuned for more, later this year.

WATCH»

Wild Project
(sound supervisor, associate sound designer, audio post-production)

For the past two years, I've been the sound supervisor at Wild Project, a downtown black box theater with a focus on producing LGBTQ+ and BIPOC works.

This year, major projects included post-production mixing on Tennessee Rising, a film written and performed by Jacob Storms, originally directed on stage by Alan Cumming.

WATCH ONLINE»

Over the summer, I mixed and coordinated sound for a series of shows curated by Cyrus Aaron called Sound Stage, with an outdoor block party and performances by Comedian CP, Butterfly Black, SupaDupaFresh and others.

Most recently, I served as associate sound designer for Elisabeth Weidner on the production of F*ck 7th Grade. This "winsome and defiant autobiographical show" by Jill Sobule features and all female rock band, and was a NY Times Critics Pick. After extending in November, it is now being remounted.

F*ck 7th Grade
January 23-February 11, 2023

TICKETS»

Actors Studio Drama School (2020-2022)
(original music and sound design)

It has been an epic series of makeup seasons for Actors Studio Drama School. Starting in late 2021, then picking up again for three more months in 2022. We affectionally called this the "mega-season".

9 One-act plays
6 Original one-act plays
10 Full-length plays
1 Musical

90 shows that I've done with ASDS since 2015!

Southern rock, dark techno, minimalism, blues, 80's pop and rock, Disney and Wes Anderson influenced music, ambient, French waltz, disco, metal, and more-- I truly enjoy exploring the variety of styles for these shows.

LISTEN»

The World To Come
(sound designer, lead mixer, producer)

This epic, dystopian, fantasy, musical podcast has been a pandemic passion project, a collaboration with director Rachel Klein, Andy Peterson (music), Erik Ransom (book), and Mike Lunoe (audio producer).
It features many fierce vocal talents, including Adrienne Barbeau from (appropriately enough) Escape from New York.
2020 WEBBY AWARD HONOREE.

This year, Mike Lunoe and I produced an EP featuring the main characters called "The Fellowship of Fiveboro."
Available on all streaming platforms.

LISTEN»

Breakneck Boys
(violin)

Nothing fancy, just playing fiddle with some close friends in an Americana band. Mountain songs and barn-burners, toe-tappers by the fireside. Helmed by songwriter Jesse Merandy, the band also features Will Hanza (mandolin, guitar) and Ben Magnuson (bass).

Here's a video from our performance last summer.

WATCH»